|Family Life Association for Ministry and Education||
Print | Back
Child Character Training
As parents we must not neglect to build godly character into our childrens lives. Read how!
Family Counseling Ministries -
Children must possess godly character in order to impact their world for the sake of Christ. When we emphasize acquiring knowledge and pursuing physical fitness, to the neglect of having proven character, we seriously undermine our childrens spiritual potential. In the 14th article of a 15-part series on family devotions, Dr. Dunlap provides parents with a character worksheet. He suggests using it during family worship to teach children specific character qualities found in Gods Word.
The Bible identifies many character qualities. Parents must be diligent to consistently build
Character Quality Worksheet
Character Quality __________________ Date _____________
1. Know the definition:
Write the dictionary definition:
Write a biblical definition:
2. List synonyms (words that mean nearly the same) and antonyms (opposites) of the character quality:
3. Name some similar character qualities: (Refer to list)
4. Find examples of this character quality in Scripture:
5. Who are some men and women in the Bible that did not demonstrate this character quality?
6. How did Jesus demonstrate this character quality in the Bible?
7. How can you demonstrate this character quality in your life?
We continue in the next article with a list of the first several character qualities.