|Family Life Association for Ministry and Education||
Print | Back
Husbands, Valentine's Day Approaching - Prepare Now!
As a counselor, I hear women complain every week that their husbands have lost that romantic touch.
Family Counseling Ministries -
These romantic expressions originally won her heart and affections, yet now he seems to have lost the touch. This lack of romantic expression hurts her, wounds her and causes her to yearn for that romance once again. Most men want to be romantic, but they need a little help. Each week we will try to help them out with a simple romantic idea. You can help with this project, (both men and women).
Email your romantic ideas/stories/discoveries/tips to email@example.com
Here are the new ones for this week:
Valentines Day Preparation 101. O.K. Guys, Valentines Day is only three weeks away. Dont blow it. Here are some ideas on how to give meaningful gifts. Read this and do it now!
Romantic Ways to Give a Gift
· Hide it unwrapped where she will find it.
· Secretly give it to the waiter before dinner and have him bring it with dessert.
· Give it to the front desk and have it delivered with room service.
· Go by early and have it placed in the room before you arrive at the hotel or bed and breakfast.
· Take it to the florist and have it delivered with the flowers you send.
· Mail it to her from her admirer.
Here are some more suggestions for Valentines Day. Make sure and view updates for the next few weeks prior to the big day!
· Take her out to a fancy dinner. call ahead early and ask for a special table
· order flowers to be at the table when you arrive
· Rent a limousine to pick her up at work or home.
· Spend the night out of the house in a hotel or a bed and breakfast. Order flowers to be in the room when you arrive, ask for the Jacuzzi suite
· Charter a boat, get one with a dinner cruise.
· Pack or buy a picnic lunch and head to a secluded park.
· Give her a gift certificate to go shopping and go with her.
· Act interested for a couple of hours! It won't kill you.
· Hand write a card or mushy note and secretly stick it in her purse before she leaves home.
· Give her a gift certificate for a massage, facial, manicure, or haircut, drop off a card or flowers to be waiting when she gets there
To plan a little innocent fun, (NOT SEX), let your kids help you prepare and carry out playful surprises for your wife. It gives kids a wonderful sense of security to know that their parents care enough about each other to want to keep their relationship full of fun.
One Monday evening, my husband asked me to find a babysitter for the following Friday night. He informed me that he wanted to take me on a date. I have to admit, as his wife and as a mother, that my heart was truly touched. I was excited all week and very much looking forward to an evening alone with my husband. Periodically, I would ask him questions about his intentions for the night. He would answer, Youll see.
I left to pick up our children, and when I came back I saw gifts #2 and #3 on our kitchen table. Gift of love #2 was a card. On the outside it read, Top ten reasons to be in love with you. On the inside he had written a very special message and signed it, Love, Your husband, Dale. Gift #3 was a beautiful X & O bracelet (which means love, kisses, and hugs).
I could see that my husband had given careful thought to all of this, and had spent his day making it all so special for me. I still didnt know what gifts of love #4 and #5 were until I walked into our bedroom. Gift of love #4 was a black negligee with two lovely scented candles on each side. I cant begin to explain what I felt likea little girl still in school. I was thrilled!
So I called my husband to thank him and let him know how special he had made my day. I told Dale that I could probably guess what his #5 gift of love would be, but since the children were present, I had to be discreet.
All in all, I received a lot more than five gifts of love. My husband took me out to dinner at the same restaurant where we ate on our first date. Then we went to the same place after dinner that we had gone on our first date. After that, we drove around town and stopped to talk about our lives and how our love has really deepened and matured for each other and for God.
We left our house to begin our special date around 6 PM and did not return home until about midnight. I must have talked for about two hours of that time, but it was so important for my husband to listen to me. When we finally came home, Dale asked me to pick out a special music tape. I tried two tapes and they just didnt seem to be what I was looking for. Then, he found the perfect one and began to hold me close and dance with me. By that time, of course, I had my new negligee on. And then, well, the rest is history. I wont tell any more except for thiswe didnt celebrate any special occasion that day, but we will always treasure it in our hearts. After all, I received a lot more than gifts of love. Now, Ive learned to always expect the unexpected, to be patient, and to never take my husband for granted. He is indeed the love of my life!
Here is a summary of what he did:
11. He asked for a date ahead of time.
12. He created some mystery by not giving her all the answers as to what they would do on the date.
13. He picked his own flowers and arranged them himself.
14. He wrote her a card affirming her positive qualities.
15. He revisited some relationship traditions. If you don't have any relationhsip traditions, begin some now.
16. He danced with her in private though he was not much of a public dancer.
Give it a try guys!!!!
17. Romantic gift ideas
Grand Gourmet Gift Basket - A sophisticated but generous gift of gourmet favorites. Tell me more...
Body Massage Gift Set - Learn how to give an expert massage! Everything you need to get started, including guide book, massage oil, essential oils, tea lights, and CD of soothing music. Tell me more...
Memories Photo Album - Save those special photographs in this album richly illustrated with Victorian traditions. 31 die-cut photoframes. Tell me more...
Kama Sutra Gift Tin - An intoxicating collection of Kama Sutra's best products -- massage oils, creams, balm, and honey dust -- in an 'Earthly Delights' gift tin. Tell me more...
Do Not Disturb Kit - Going away for the weekend...or longer? Don't leave without this sensual kit for two! Tell me more...
Love Birds Art Print - Personalize this art print of two 'love birds' with your names -- or initials -- and a date! A unique way to say 'I love you!' Tell me more...
Flourless Chocolate Torte - A flourless chocolate torte that's not only romantic, it's also sinfully rich! Trust us, it's to die for...Tell me more...
My Heart Love Token - A romantic admission of love! This romantic token says 'My heart belongs to thee.' Tell me more...
18. We are providing some great places to find romantic tips on the Internet. Just click on the following links (I do not endorse the content of all of these sites, though I have viewed them all. Take what is useful.):
Romantic Ideas - http://www.1001waystoberomantic.com/home.html
Auto Romantic - http://ar.c2-tech.com/
Loving You - http://www.lovingyou.com/
Romance 101 - http://www.rom101.com/
Romantic Letters - http://www.cyberparent.com/love/loveletter.htm
Romantic Wizard - http://www.electpress.com/loveandromance/
19. Write her a note: "Time and time again you amaze me because . . ."
20. Write a love poemand compose one new stanza every week for this next year. It will be a poem she will never forget.
21. Make a little loving gesture every day for a solid year. Dont let her know that you are doing it!
22. Give her a dozen roses on New Years day. Each rose is a commitment to be a more romantic husband each month in the new year.
23. Have silly pictures of the two of you taken in a photo booth and post it on the refrigerator for a year.
24. Plan a special trip for this year. Start planning now. Travel in a train's sleeper car. Enjoy the time together. Sleeper cars can be a very romantic way to see part of the country you are interested in.
25. Women enjoy extended kissing. Pick one day this week and kiss her like you first kissed her before it became routine. Make sure there is no other motive than for her enjoyment. Kiss her in the morning, kiss her at noon (if it can be arranged), and kiss her at night, like you really mean it!
26. Identify one bad habit that you know she would be delighted to see you change. Come up with a practical plan to change this habit. Behavioral psychologists tell us it takes 40 days of practice to break a bad habit. Get started today.
27. Blindfold her and take her to a new restaurant. The darkness only increases the romantic nature of the outing.
28. Keep a wedding photo and an up-to-date photo of your wife on your desk at work.
29. Ask your wife for a list of her favorite romantic restaurants. I have found my wifes list differs greatly from mine. She doesnt appreciate the fish camp down on the river.
30. Attend a $1.00 movie, sit in the very last row, and discreetly make out in the dark.