J.H. Youth Discussion Questions "Is God a killjoy"?
Into Thy Word -
Texts: Gen 1:26-31; 2:18-25; Ex. 20:14; Matt. 19:4-6; Gal 5:19-20; Phil. 2:3-4; Heb. 13:4
1. Do you think the Bible is out of date with today's values? Why or why not?
2. Is sex before marriage a sin?
3. What do you think is the percentage of teens who have sex before marriage?
4. Does God desire to be a "killjoy"?
5. Do you think you have a good understanding of sex? If so do you have a plan? That is, when you are on a date do you know when and how to set boundaries, so you do not cross the line? Why would this be important? What are boundaries?
6. Read Gen 1:26-31; 2:18-25:
a. How does the Bible describe people?
b. What is God's plan for us?
7. If God created us and sex and says it is good, why does He want us to wait?
8. Read Matt. 19:4-6: What are the consequences for not following God's plan?
(A bond is formed that will never be broken when we have sex with someone. That is why sexual abuse is so painful for decades afterwards! When you have sex, you form a bond and that person is living in your brain past your 80's!!! Can you imagine an "ex" girlfriend or boyfriend living in your mind after you have broken up and hate each other! That is why so many relationships are messed up these days!!!)
9. Read Ex. 20:14; & Gal 5:19-21: What are some more negative consequences?
(The covenant of marriage is broken, depression, co-dependency, loss of trust, disease, pregnancy, etc.)
10. Read Phil. 2:3-4: How can this verse help you?
11. Can you sum up what God desires you to do sexually? Are you able to thank Him for His rules, or do you think He is a killjoy?
12. Read Heb 13:4: Can you make a commitment to this before God that you will remain pure until marriage!?!