Into Thy Word -
We must study the Bible because it is the foundation for life. God even commands us to study His Word as the priority before we do anything else (Deut. 6: 6-9).
· Because we are to love Him (Deut. 6:4-5).
· Because He demands we teach others the Word (II Tim. 3:14-17).
· Because we are to fear, trust, understand and respect Him (Prov. 1:7; 3:5: 9:10)
· As a Christian, we need to live a life of distinction, and the only way to receive the knowledge of that distinction is to get into the Word!
· We do not want to be barcode Christians who do not care whats in the box because only the label matters, or that Christianity is just fire insurance from hell!
We must seek out the truth and answers that we need, from the final authority, and not the ways of the world! If not then we set up ourselves as the final judge and authority and not God, thus we will lead ourselves to hell from false truths and distractions.
· The point of Christianity is to be a transformed person, through self-surrender to our Lords holiness through His Word and prayer!
· The Response of grace is to be a transformed person, through self-surrender to our Lords holiness through His Word and prayer!
The study of the Bible matters!
Because it brings us in line with His Holiness, and with reality! Science may have explanations, but they change completely every few years, however the Word of God never changes, what a great comfort!
§ The Bible is read much, but studied little!
§ The truths of Scripture will transcend any other subject, discipline or passion!
§ The Bible gives us a greater reality that cannot be seen but is clearly felt, and to deny it is like living in Huntington Beach in Southern California and never seeing the ocean!
Yes indeed the study of the Bible does matter! So we do not become the counterfeiters to His truth!!!