Into Thy Word - IRAQI CRISIS PRAYER GUIDE
These are tumultuous times, and our nation and the world desperately need prayer. This prayer guide is only a suggestion to help guide you as you pray. No matter how you chose to pray, please keep in mind that these desperate times require desperate, heartfelt prayers, which are passionately cried out to the Lord.
Pray for a Supernatural Move of God to Bring Resolution to this Crisis!
"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realm" (Ephesians 6.12).
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:3- 5).
Pray for Protection of Our Cities Against Terrorist Attacks!
· Ask God to forgive the American people for our sins against Him (2 Chronicles 7:14; 1 John 1:9; Nehemiah 9:1-2).
· Pray for God's protection of our people and our cities (Ezekiel 22:30; 2 Chronicles 20:17; Psalm 35:1).
· Pray for victory over fear (2 Timothy 1: 7; Psalm 46:1-2).
Pray for Our Leaders! (President Bush, his advisers and Cabinet, Vise President, National Security Counsel, United Nations, Central Intelligence Agency, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Congress and Senate)
· Pray that they would seek God's wisdom and counsel (James 1: 5).
· Pray that they would fear God more than man (Psalm 111: 10).
· Pray that God would pour out His blessings and protection over them (Psalm 91: 11-12).
· Pray that those who do not know the Lord would come to Him through this crisis (2 Peter 3:9).
Pray for Our Troops!
· Pray for their protection and for peace, which transcends all understanding (2 Timothy 1:7; 2 Thessalonians 3:3; Philippians 4:7).
· Pray for the protection, provision and peace of their family members (Psalm 91:11-12).
· Pray for their encouragement in the face of danger and loneliness (Joshua 1:7).
· Pray that those who don't know Christ would come to Him through this crisis (Acts 2:21).
· Pray that they would have confidence in the Lord and in His mighty power and that He alone would be able to keep them from harm (Ephesians 6:10, Psalm 91:9-12).
Pray for the People of Iraq!
· Pray that the innocent would not suffer and that they would be protected from harm, especially the children (Psalm 91: 9-12).
· That they would come to know the true Living God through this crisis and that the god of this world would not be able to continue to blind them (2 Peter 3:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4).
· That Saddam Hussein, through a supernatural move of God, would go into exile (Daniel 4:31, 4:4-5, 2:1).
You may also consider this guide to Prayer for North Korea and their Dictator Kim Jong II
© March 1, 2003, Lake Avenue Church, Pasadena California www.lakeave.org www.intothyword.org